What is Christian Science?
Christian Science, discovered by Mary Baker Eddy, is a universal, practical system of spiritual, prayer-based Christian healing, available and accessible to everyone.
Christian Science is fully explained in Mary Baker Eddy’s primary text on spirituality and healing, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures. This book is often referred to as the Christian Science textbook.
Christian Science has helped many people find better emotional and physical health, answers to life’s deepest issues and progress on their spiritual journeys.
Many Christian Scientists are members of The First Church of Christ, Scientist, but membership in The Church is not a prerequisite for the practice of Christian Science.
Healthcare decisions are always a matter of individual choice.
Christ Jesus practiced a divine law of healing.
God is divine Love, Father and Mother, supreme.
The true nature of each individual as a child of God is spiritual.
God’s infinite goodness, realized in prayer, heals.
Anyone can use this truth to heal themselves and others.
Christian Science Practitioners and Nurses
Christian Science Practitioners are available to help bring healing to others through prayer.
Christian Science Nurses are available to provide skillful physical care and spiritual reassurance to those relying on Christian Science for healing.
The Bible Lesson with selections from the Bible and Science and Health provides an opportunity for weekly study and inspiration and is the basis of the Sunday church service in Churches of Christ, Scientist.
The weekly Christian Science Sentinel and monthly Christian Science Journal contain articles on Christian Science and examples of healings through the application of Christian Science.
The international newspaper The Christian Science Monitor has provided delivery of world news with journalistic integrity since 1908.
Read Science and Health to learn more about Christian Science. Many people find the chapter "Prayer" particularly helpful. See also Chapter Highlights.
The Pastor of the Christian Science Church are The Holy Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. For help and advice, we reach out for words of wisdom from these books and the Christ message which is speaking to everyone at every moment.
"We take the inspired word of the Bible to be our sufficient guide to eternal life." (Science and Health, p. 497)
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God's image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God's forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus' atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man's unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the all-ness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
(Science and Health, p. 497)
Primary Class Instruction
Christian Science Primary Class Instruction is a two-week course in spiritual healing, based on the ideas in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy.
Would you like to learn more about how Christian Science can be applied in real life, in a practical way?
See a list of Christian Science Lectures we've hosted or find upcoming lectures online.
The Mother Church
We are a branch church of The Mother Church, the First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston, Massachusetts. You can learn more about Christian Science throughout the world from http://ChristianScience.com.