What is Christian Science?
Christian Science, discovered by Mary Baker Eddy, is a universal, practical system of spiritual, prayer-based Christian healing, available and accessible to everyone.
Christian Science is fully explained in Mary Baker Eddy’s primary text on spirituality and healing, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.
Christian Science has helped many people find better emotional and physical health, answers to life’s deepest issues and progress on their spiritual journeys.
Many Christian Scientists are members of The First Church of Christ, Scientist, but membership in The Church is not a prerequisite for the practice of Christian Science.
Healthcare decisions are always a matter of individual choice.
Christ Jesus practiced a divine law of healing.
God is divine Love, Father and Mother, supreme.
The true nature of each individual as a child of God is spiritual.
God’s infinite goodness, realized in prayer, heals.
Christian Science Practitioners and Nurses
The Bible Lesson with selections from the Bible and Science and Health provides an opportunity for weekly study and inspiration and is the basis of the Sunday church service in Churches of Christ, Scientist.
Weekly and monthly magazines contain articles on Christian Science and examples of healings through the application of Christian Science.
The international newspaper The Christian Science Monitor has provided delivery of world news with journalistic integrity since 1908.
Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy (the Christian Science textbook)
"We take the inspired word of the Bible to be our sufficient guide to eternal life." (Science and Health, p. 497)
Our books also serve as our pastors: we reach out to them for help and advice.
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God's image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God's forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus' atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man's unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the all-ness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
(Science and Health, p. 497)
Primary Class Instruction
The Mother Church
We are a branch church of The Mother Church, the First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston, Massachusetts. You can learn more about Christian Science throughout the world from http://ChristianScience.com.